User of the Month is an award given to those users who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment and helpfulness to Mass Effect Fanon. A good candidate should be helpful in the community by participating in article writing and community events. They should also demonstrate a helpfulness that goes above and beyond what would normally be expected for a user, and they should also try to help guide new users into becoming active community members. Users of the Month are meant to show the best examples of what our wiki has to offer.
There is a simple process that all candidates go through in order to be selected as a User of the Month. That process is as follows:
- Any user may nominate any user other than themselves. They may also nominate as many users as they want.
- However, users may not be chosen as a User of the Month if they have previously won the award in the last four (4) months. Even so, strive to nominate people who have not won before.
- Users will either support or oppose the candidates. Users must provide a reason for voting against a candidate. Users must meet the requirements of the voting policy to vote.
- At the end of each month, the candidate with the most votes will be that month's winner. All candidates will be removed from the nominations page and archived.
- Users who are not successfully chosen as User of the Month that month may be re-nominated at any time.
How to nominate:
When you nominate a user, please use the following nomination form in order to maintain a sense of organization on the nominations track:
- ===Candidate's name===
- ====Support (#)====
Candidates will remain on the nominations track until the end of the month, even if the nominee declines. If the nominee declines, it will be noted next to their name and no one will be allowed to vote for that candidate. The candidate with the most votes will be the User of the Month. All nominees from that month will be added to the archive.
Support (1) Foxtrot came up with a plan to save the wiki when it seemed like Bluethunder would never return. I think it's time we gave him some recognition for that. -- Gnostic 04:57, February 3, 2011 (UTC)